Summer Hours Beginning June 1:
The Family Health Clinic of Burlington has COVID-19 vaccines available on Tuesdays from 8:30 am to 4:00 p.m.
* You must preregister in order to receive the vaccine.
* This vaccine is available for those 18 years and older.
///FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE/// 18 December 2020
The Burlington Police Department has recently taken multiple fraud reports in town and in the surrounding area. These incidents have occurred both in person and over the phone. It is very important to remember not to give any personal information out to anyone you do not know. Additionally, it should be known that no law enforcement or federal agency will ever attempt to collect a debt over the phone advising you there is a warrant for your arrest that will be voided if you comply with their instructions.
Some “red flags” to look out for include, but are not limited to the following:
* Claiming a loved one is in legal trouble and requesting money (cash, check, credit card, gift cards,
etc.) to avoid legal repercussions.
* Claiming to be law enforcement or a federal agency threatening arrest for unpaid debt and
requesting immediate payment to void/avoid an arrest warrant.
* Requesting payment in odd forms such as gift cards, store brand cards, pre-paid credit cards, etc.
* Someone (one or more) coming to your residence claiming to be with some type of legal
organization requesting payment in any form.
If you have any doubts whatsoever about a call or an in-person visit do not provide any personal information or payment and immediately contact the Police. There is always an uptick of these incidents around the holidays with criminals taking advantage of good people. Please do not be the next victim. Again, if in doubt do not provide them with anything and call the Police.
Thank you. Please have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Burlington Police Department
///END OF RELEASE///